As we continue to navigate through these unprecedented times I wanted to provide an update on a few important topics regarding the upcoming hockey season.
• Pre - Registration is now closed. It was left open beyond the original closing date of July 11, however, all player registrations going forward will be on a waiting list.
• As an organization we set a hard cap in order to manage the number of teams per divisions and players per team. We want to avoid situations where we have too many or too few players per team.
• This year it is particularly important as we wait for clarity on how the season will look.
• Adding a layer of complexity is the uncertainty around AAA, AA, and A hockey. There are a number of Oro players that have moved on to play at other levels that could impact our numbers.
• Pre-registration is non-binding and we are not currently taking payment.
• Once we understand what the return to hockey will look like including cost it will be communicated to the membership.
• Any players or families not in agreement with the season structure will have the option to unregister if they no longer want to participate.
**If you have not registered please reach out to our registrar as soon as possible. Her email is [email protected]**
Please note it is our goal to provide residents of Oro a place to play and we will do our best to accommodate. We ask for patience and understanding as we work on our return to play program.
Permission to Skate Forms
As per previous seasons, players are expected to register with their home centre in order to receive a Permission to Skate form. This is not a new policy so any player planning on trying out for North Central should be pre-registered with Oro.
As soon as the forms are available we will post the information on our website
Non-Resident Players (NRP)
If you plan on trying out at the AA or A level we will provide you with the necessary forms if or when tryouts are scheduled. Once again you need to be registered with your home centre.
If you are not a local resident but would like to player in Oro please be prepared to provide additional background information before your registration is accepted.
What to expect in the 2020/21 Season:
1. Health and Safety: This is the number 1 priority for arena staff, players, referees, coaches and families
2. Planning: While we wait for clear direction from Provincial and Municipal Governments, respective Health Authorities, the Ontario Hockey Federation and Ontario Minor Hockey Association we will continue to move forward with planning in the same manner as previous seasons.
3. Hockey will look different: All age groups from IP through Midget will be affected in some way so come with an open mind and be prepared for a new hockey experience this season.
4. Nothing has been confirmed or ruled out. From arriving at the rink already dressed to 3v3 or 4v4 game play, there is a lot of talk about the coming season. At this point all options are being discussed but nothing has been set.
The Oro Minor Hockey Board is in discussions with the Township, OMHA and others regarding the upcoming season and we appreciate your support. Once again please be patient and understanding during this time and check the website regularly.
President | Oro Minor Hockey