We are currently organizing tryouts for the 2023-24 season for the U11, U13, U15, and U18 divisions. More information regarding rep for the U9 division will be sent in the coming weeks.
Please read all the information outlined below
To register for rep tryouts:
1. Families must log in to their HCR (Spordle – same process as registration) and add "Rep Tryout Fee" to their account.
2. E-transfer $50.00 to our treasurer, Nicole ([email protected])
3. Some of you may have already registered in HCR for tryouts in the spring when you registered your player. If you're unsure - log back in and check your invoice.
4. You also need to register on our website. Registration on the Oro Website can be found under the Rep Tryout Registration button or by using the following link: Rep Tryout Registration
5. If you have issues, reach out to our registrar, Anita ([email protected]
We are prepared to have second rep teams at each level wherever possible. The addition of a second team will be determined by the total number of players registered for tryouts in each division as well as an overall assessment of the skill level. At the U15 and U18 level we are planning for the first rep team to continue to play in the Georgian Bay Minor Hockey League which offers body contact. However, there may be an option for the second “rep” team in these divisions to play in a non-contact division. If you have interest in playing rep in a non-contact division only, please register for Rep Tryouts and select the Non-Contact option. If you wish to try out for the contact team and would be interested in the Non-Contact team if you are unsuccessful please select the Rep B team and send an email to [email protected]
Check the association website calendar for tryout dates and times. Please note that we will be offering 4 “pre-skates” to all players before tryouts begin.
These skates are not mandatory and attendance will not impact a player’s opportunity to make a rep team. Please arrive at least 45 minutes before your first tryout ice time in order to be checked in.
Each player will receive a minimum of two tryouts. Some may be invited back for additional tryouts or to play an exhibition game (or two). Coaches will communicate via email if your son or daughter is successful in making the team.
There is an additional fee of $300 to play on our Rep teams. This fee covers the extra costs associated with running a rep team.
Our goal is to provide fair and equitable tryouts. We wish all our players good luck during tryouts and would like thank the coaching staff and volunteers.