Please see the message below from Oro Minor Hockey Association Present, Scott Bjaanes:
Since the start of the season the health and well-being of our players, coaches, officials, and volunteers has been our top priority. Unfortunately, Covid-19 continues to spread throughout the province and the restrictions put in place by The Provincial Government does not allow us to offer minor hockey at this time. The Township, after careful consideration, has also removed the ice from the arena. As a result, we must announce the official cancelation of the remainder of the 2020-2021 season. Oro MHA will be giving pro-rated refunds to registered participants based on unused ice times.
We will be commencing the refund process on Monday, February 1, 2021. Due to the volume of refunds to give, we anticipate the process taking us into March. It is also important to note the following:
· Refunds will be done alphabetically by surname.
· Every attempt will be made to issue one cheque per family, however, families with more than one player may receive multiple reimbursements
· 45% of registration fees will be refunded to families with accounts in good standing
· 50% of RD fees will be refunded to families with accounts in good standing
· Refunds will be issued via cheque and mailed to the address in the Hockey Canada Registry (HCR). HCR is the website portal used when registering for hockey
· It is each member’s responsibility to ensure the correct address appears in HCR. If you are unsure how to update your mailing address please reach out to the registrar: [email protected]
Again, on behalf of the Executive and staff, we want to thank you all for your efforts and understanding to make the most of the shortened season. We hope to be able to get back to a normal season in the Fall.
Stay safe, stay healthy.